Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scrap Therapy Challenge - 'SCRAP THAT OLDER STASH' Challenge!





I decided this weekend would be a perfect day for a challenge and with only three days to complete the layouts, what better way to get stuck into it then start with one that I tend to avoid, as I spend a lot of money on new pretty products.

While my stash isn't large enough to really have an old stash [ as I got rid of all my old scrapping stuff when I moved in my teenage years] I did manage to find some old trinkets with the chipboard buttons you see on the tree's and on the bottom of the page. I cannot for the life of me remember who they are by as I remember getting them from spotlight sometime last year and disposing of the package straight away. I knew straight away I wanted to use them in the layout.

I have used a basic mustard card stock from the neutrals pack by DCWV and the pattern paper you see at the top is downloaded from a site I found while searching for inspiration. Don't ask how I remember finding it, because I have no idea, but it was a blessing because it was perfect for what I wanted. You can find the collection at:


http://www.mygrafico.com


This particular collection is called: Fall Owls and Tree's.

The rest of my page consists of strips from MME- Lime Twist- Fly A Kite range, a Jenny Bowlin Month flag sticker and Black Rocketeer Thickers, oh and a black piece of cardstock from DCWV as the matting behind the photos.

I am certain you can find the Lime Twist collection in the Scrap Therapy Store - I used Spring Zag paper –

http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=LT1006


& Rocketeer Thickers you can find here:

http://www.scraptherapy.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=43066

I printed my photo’s in wallet size print and I love how I manage to incorporate them onto the page.

This might be not what the challenge called for, but since I have only started scrapbooking again and I still don’t know my way around the site or the challenges I think it was a brilliant first short and I enjoyed making it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment