Saturday, May 7, 2011

30 Days Of Challenge - Day Seven- May 7th


Two Posts in one day - My My Blair....

Crafting & Exercising:

Trust me when I say that maybe antibiotics are the answer to this kind of cold that has lingered on long enough and has prompted me into making an appointment with the doctor come this week. If I thought I was weak yesterday I barely could muster the strength to get out of bed this morning, but I did, to take a trip to Hobby Sew to pick up a few things for mother’s day tomorrow- and of course myself :p Again I spent more than intended, but got a few things cheap as well.

I plan on finishing my mother’s day card and just gathering ideas and sketches today. Taking it easy and searching for inspiration. As well as watching some idea videos and putting some touches on a few layouts I am currently working on.

Home Cooking:

For dinner tonight I wanted to make something easy so I was going to opt for a simple pasta dish and then I remembered the plan of home cooking recipes I’d scanned and decided tonight was going to be Dairy- free Mac and Cheese – wait for it- with dairy: I adapted it to suit our needs because I dislike soy products, but I will share the recipe with you anyways. And let me tell you it looks and tastes heavenly

Ingredients

· 250g dried macaroni pasta

· 250g broccoli, trimmed into small florets [ I just used broccolini and got rid of the stems.]

· 20g Nuttelex spead [I used butter]

· 2 tablespoons of plain flour

· 2 cups reduced-fat soy milk [ I used light milk]

· 100g soy cheese, grated [ I used tasty]

· 100g sliced leg ham, diced [or bacon pieces]

· 4 green onions [I used a salad onion] thinly sliced.

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan forced. Grease a 6 cup capacity baking dish. [I just grabbed a deep dish] Cook pasta in large saucepan until tender adding broccoli in the last 2 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, melt spread in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook stirring, for two minutes or until bubbling. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Bring to boil, cook and whisk until thick. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and season with pepper.

3. Add sauce, ham and onion to pasta. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden and bubbly. Serve with salad.

Reading/ Writing :

Today I finished Time to Write. You can find the link to my review here:

http://bittenbybooklust.blogspot.com/2011/05/non-fiction-time-to-write-kelly-l-stone.html

I plan on getting stuck into Van Allen Legacy later this evening and hope to get back into reading Voices on the Waves. I have been limiting myself the past few days, strictly reading few chapters and then wandering of to create and write.

Now however is the perfect opportunity to take a load of and climb into bed with my box of tissues, cough drops and a good book. So long as I am warm and toasty. I should be fine. Look out though for my review of Van Allen Legacy sometime this week. It is my aim to finish it soon.

Not much writing today to report, and I am not making excuses. I am enjoying just taking a break to look after my health. My fingers have had a work out from writing a review and on my blog so I guess even though it’s not for my big project [DCBB] I can say that I have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment