Friday, May 13, 2011

30 Days Of Challenge - Day Thirteen- May 13th



30 Minute Parma

Writing:

Oh how I am exhausted, but in both good and bad ways. I woke myself up in time to make it to my local writing class this morning and by gosh despite being sleepy, I am glad I did. While we didn’t make too much personal progress, we did help a fellow writer out with their story in progress.

I also picked up a lot of good information about structure and found myself asking a lot of questions about an old novel that keeps recurring in my project spectrum [the first I wrote] It is a complex one, and I am scared of facing it, but each time I do think about it, I develop more of an idea about where to take it.

I have been thinking lately, that it might be time to get the brown butchers paper out and start doing what I do best, plotting. [Okay I don’t do it the best, but I love getting sheets and plotting things out. So my number one goal for writing this weekend is getting the paper rolled out and starting to make a mark of progress where my novel is concerned.

Home Made Cooking:

Tonight I have a recipe to share with you guys tonight. This being one I have been meaning to cook for some time, ever since I got the magazine. Daniel and I are big lovers of chicken and a good cooked parmaigiana and this one looked divine.

30 minute Chicken Parmigiana Bake

Ingredients:

· 1 and a half tablespoons of Olive Oil

· 6 Breast Schnitzels uncrumbed halved crossways [I am using two herb crumbed ones]

· 1 Medium brown onion chopped

· 2 garlic cloves, crushed

· 340 jar of Fire-roasted pepper strips, drained

· 230 tub antipasto chargrilled eggplant, drained

· 1 and a half cups of tomato paste sauce

· 1 third of a cup of Fountain spicy red sauce

· 1 quarter of a Cup of Basil leaves [fresh]

· 100g mozzarella cheese thinly sliced [ I am using tasty]

· 1 third of a cup of fresh breadcrumbs [I am sure packet will do]

Method:

· Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large fry pan over medium heat and cook chicken in two batches. [One if your only using two] Cook until brown and cooked right through and transfer to a plate.

· Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes, until onion has softened and add peppers and eggplant. Cook, stirring for one minute. Add pasta sauce and spicy red sauce. Bring to boil, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper.

· Place half the chicken into a 10 cup capacity oven proof dish. Pour over half the sauce mixture. Top with remaining chicken and sauce mixture. Top with cheese and sprinkle on breadcrumbs.

· Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden and serve with basil [or a nice fresh side salad]

Reading:

I’ve been giving this one a go sparingly. I know I should be well and truly into the 30 book limit right now with my 50 book challenge, but I have been reading books that aren’t all that exciting and it is hard to get involved with the characters. Not to say they are not good books, but I am coming to realise even more that The Van Allen Legacy is becoming another information loaded book and I am more interested in things happening action wise at the present moment. After all I do need something to pick me up and lift me out of this reading blockage.

Crafting:

Not a lot of crating today actually, none. I did however get an excellent package in the main today and you can find the video of my haul here: I was super excited to know it came in so quickly. I also went to Hobby sew and picked me up a lot of red products. My favourite being some pattern paper and Tim Holtz distress ink. It’s not so much that I have been avoiding it, but I did want to give myself the chance to try different things today, even though for the most part I just wanted to create so who can deny the urge to do so?

Exercising:

This is pretty non-existent at the moment and I am not going to shame myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment